At Clee Hill Community Academy, we know that pupils who have a positive attitude towards their learning will make good progress and be successful. Consequently, instilling all our pupils with 'growth mindsets' is an integral part of everyday learning at the school.
Key aspects of growth mindset at Clee Hill Community Academy:
- We celebrate making mistakes – we can learn from them;
- We never give up – perseverance is the key if we are to succeed;
- We learn from each other;
- We don’t compare ourselves with others;
- We challenge ourselves and take risks;
- We remember that our brains are making new connections and growing all the time.
In KS1 we celebrate a variety of achievements with the presentation of our 'achievosaurs' to our pupils, they may have shared, thought, asked or solved a problem amongst other skills.
We want all our pupils to relish challenges, embrace their mistakes as part of the learning process, value the importance of effort, respond carefully to feedback and take inspiration from others. This will help them to achieve, not only with us, but also in their future lives as adults.
For further information on how to encourage confident and resilient learners at home, have a look at some of the links below.